Hodges U Presents Our Annual Ugly Sweater Contest!
Official Rules and Information
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Eligibility: This contest is open only to full-time, Hodges University students. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United States, and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Hodges University, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the contest. The contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Hodges University as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
- Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on Monday, Dec. 4, 2019 at 7:00 a.m. EST and ending Monday, December 18, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All entries must be received by Monday, December 16, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
- How to Enter: The contestant must be entered by uploading a photo of yourself in your Ugly Holiday Sweater and emailing it to HUsweater@hodges.edu with your first and last name and email address. Photos may be used on social media and various marketing campaigns. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hodges University. You may enter only once. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Hodges University.
- Prizes: The Winner of the contest will receive $500 tuition credit. Second place is a $250 tuition credit. Both are for January 2020 class. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by Hodges University. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at Hodges University’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Hodges University to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The first- and second-place winners will be selected by the Marketing Department under the supervision of Hodges University. The winners will be notified by email within 2 days following selection of First and Second Place Winners. Hodges University shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk email or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 2 business days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT HODGES UNIVERSITY‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by You: By entering this contest, You represent and warrant that your entry is an original work of authorship, and does not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, You will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Hodges University. If the content of your entry is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, You shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Hodges University from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Hodges University may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right.
- Terms & Conditions: Hodges University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Hodges University’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the contest. In such case, Hodges University may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Hodges University. Hodges University reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Hodges University has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Hodges University reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Hodges University and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS contest IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF United States AND THE STATE OF FLORIDA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in [your state/province] having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Hodges University Marketing Department, 2647 Professional Circle, Naples, FL 34119 USA. Requests must be received no later than January 1, 2020.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the contest is Hodges University Marketing Department, 2647 Professional Circle, Naples, FL 34119 USA.
- Facebook: The contest hosted by Hodges University is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media entitiy.
- By emailing your submission, you, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.