Hodges U Student Information
Hodges University provides a wide variety of student services to help ensure your success not just in your education, but in your life and career. As a current student there are some details that you need to know for an advantageous journey here at Hodges U. Let this page serve as your student services resource for questions you may have as a current student at Hodges.
Student Success sponsors orientation, programs and services to enhance your student life and represents student concerns. The Student Success Centers are located in or near the library on both the Naples and Fort Myers Campuses at Hodges University. The Office of Student Success provides a welcoming and informative environment where you will receive support in navigating a successful university experience and reaching your educational and career goals.
The department offers resources and support in the following areas: academic and career advising, career services, orientation, scholarships, student accommodations/ADA, and other student retention initiatives.
Student Success representatives will assist you with all things related to navigating your university experience at Hodges University. Student Success also offers referral resources in the community, educational seminars and workshops. Students may email email@example.com or call 239-938-7730 with questions or request for services.
New students, as well as those returning to the University, are encouraged to complete the online orientation program developed by Student Success. The orientation will introduce you to resources available for academic success and support you in navigating the university experience.
Student Guidance and Advocacy
Student Success representatives provide guidance to you with regard to questions and concerns, making connections to resolve problems that may arise. Counseling referrals are available as necessary. Advocacy and advisement for personal concerns often times begins in Student Success. Students should reach out to their academic success advisor as the primary point of contact for questions and concerns.
- Previous undergraduate and graduate students may order transcripts from the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Previous ESL students should contact the Registrar’s Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for transcript request information.
The 29th annual Hodges University Commencement Ceremony was held Sunday, June 10, 2018, at Germain Arena located 11000 Everblades Parkway, Estero, FL 33928.
We will notify you when the 2019 Commencement Ceremony is scheduled.
Should you have any questions regarding graduation, please contact the registrar’s office via email email@example.com or by phone on your campus listed below:
Fort Myers – (833) 793-0190
Naples and Distance – (833) 510-1915
International Student Information
Hodges University is dedicated to your academic success, and to support you in navigating the university experience you will be assigned a designated Academic Success Advisor. Advisors at Hodges University assist students with course selection and educational planning to ensure a successful university experience.
Academic Success Advising is centralized in the office of Student Success and Advisors are assigned to students based on their degree program and academic school. You are encouraged to build a relationship with your Academic Success Advisor and connect on a regular basis for guidance and support with your educational goals.
The purpose of the Hodges University scholarship program is to supplement your resources to the fullest extent possible so that you may begin or to continue university studies. You are eligible to apply for scholarships, unless you are receiving tuition discounts/waivers as part of other university agreements or policies.
Hodges University is grateful for the dedication and service of our armed forces. The Dr. Peter Thomas Veterans Services Center at Hodges University is committed to supporting all military veterans, service members and their families in reaching their academic and career goals.
Career Services provides career counseling to assist you in landing the job of your dreams. From drafting your resume to interview tips and job search tools, we’re here to guide you.
The mission of the Hodges University Career Services Office is to provide services that will enhance the ability of students and graduates to achieve life or career objectives by acquainting them with the skills, resources, and experiences that support the ongoing evaluation and pursuit of an educational, career, and employment opportunities.
To achieve its mission, the Career Services Office supports the following principles:
- To encourage students to engage in self-assessment through a variety of resources.
- To provide students with the necessary resources to obtain occupational information.
- To assist students in the exploration of the full range of employment opportunities.
- To prepare students to present themselves effectively as qualified candidates entering the workforce. (Four Ways to Improve Your Professional Development Skills)
- To provide students with counseling services related to a variety of career issues.
- To consider special populations and their career development needs in the development and delivery of services.
- To assist in the placement of students/graduates in their chosen field of study and to track the results.
- To adhere to the Principles for Professional Conduct as presented by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Outreach services include participation in local career fairs, presentations in classes, and meetings with prospective employers. Services provided by the Career Services Office are available free of charge to all registered students and graduates.
Student and Alumni Assistance
- One-on-one career counseling
- Career exploration and assessment
- Resume review and assistance with cover letter preparation
- Job search and networking assistance (Find out How to Organize Your Job Search)
- Employer and labor market information, including on-campus recruitment and job fairs
- Online job board ( www.collegecentral.com/hodges)
- Workshops on various career related topics
- Mock interviews
- Post jobs targeting students and alumni at our school!
- Search jobs posted at our school!
- Post your company’s job and internship opportunities on our online job board (www.collegecentral.com/hodges)
- Add your company’s website link to our Local Employers’ page
- On-campus recruitment through the Employer Spotlight Program
- Free advertisement of special hiring events
- Participation in job fairs
We are committed to providing equal access and equal opportunity to our students. Anyone needing assistance should contact their assigned Student Experience Coordinator directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org / phone 800-466-0019 if you’re not sure who your coordinator is.
The mission of Hodges University’s Student Accommodations Office is to ensure all students are given equal access to educational opportunities, programs and activities, regardless of the type, extent, or degree of the disability, and to promote awareness, understanding, and support within the university community.
To achieve this mission, Hodges University supports the following principles:
- To develop an environment in which independence is afforded to students with disabilities to enhance their intellectual and emotional development and growth.
- To improve the educational development of students with disabilities and to enhance understanding and support within the campus community.
- To ensure the creation and maintenance of an accessible physical environment and a supportive psychological environment.
- To establish responsible advocacy to confirm that the campus community is aware of disabled students’ needs and to respond appropriately to these special needs.
- To educate the university’s personnel in the compliance regulations and legal requirements outlined under Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA).
Students with a disability concern should reach out for assistance, to receive an orientation to the institution, or to discuss any necessary support required for completion of an academic program.
- Blackboard is the online course management system used to deliver a full array of online learning courses and programs.
- Online course meeting and lecture capture systems used to bring audio, video, real-time chat and face-to-face meeting technology to the online learning experience.
- Microsoft Office 365 Email Access provides student email services and may be accessed through the portal or via mobile devices.
- MyHUgo Portal is the student, faculty and staff portal to academic and administrative systems and information relevant to the Hodges University community.
- Hodges University provides a help desk (support.hodges.edu) for student technology that may be accessed via our ticketing system or by phone. The support site also includes a self-help knowledge base.
Hodges University takes great pride in providing our family of users with a full complement of technological tools and services to increase the opportunity for success.
Information Technology Department Mission
The mission of the Department of Information Technology is to guide the selection, procurement, development and implementation of innovative technological enhancements, to ensure a positive user experience, and to provide exemplary customer service for the University community.
To achieve its mission, the Department of Information Technology supports the following principles:
- To maintain mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, service providers and university departments.
- To provide superior user support and training.
- To maintain and enforce appropriate security procedures and protocols.
- To sustain and enforce proactive system maintenance that minimizes system downtime.
- To provide continuous quality review and improvement of IT systems and processes.
- To provide a work environment that encourages team collaboration, positive attitude and high morale.
- To maintain appropriate budgetary controls over IT allocated funds.