• The Hodges University Financial Aid Office in Fort Myers, Florida.
  • Types of Financial Aid


    Financial assistance offered by the federal and state governments that do not require repayment.

    • Federal Pell Grant – a need-based grant, only awarded to undergraduate students. The amount is determined by the student’s need and the cost of attendance at the university. 
    • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) – only awarded to undergraduate students with exceptional financial need. Award amounts are based on availability of funds and institutional awarding policies. 
    • Florida Effective Access to Student Education (EASE) Grant – provides tuition assistance to full-time Florida undergraduate students attending an eligible private, nonprofit Florida college or university. A minimum of one year of Florida residency is required. This grant does not require the completion of a FAFSA. The EASE grant was formerly known as the Florida Resident Access Grant (FRAG). 
    • Florida Student Assistance Grant (FSAG) Program – a need-based grant program available to full-time, degree-seeking, undergraduate Florida students who demonstrate substantial financial need and are enrolled in participating post-secondary institutions. A minimum of one year of Florida residency is required. This grant requires the completion of a FAFSA. 
    • Florida Bright Futures Scholarships Program – establishes three lottery-funded scholarships to reward Florida high school graduates for high academic achievement. 


    Financial assistance that does not require repayment.

    • Merit- and Need-Based - Some scholarships for colleges are merit-based. You earn them by meeting or exceeding certain standards set by the scholarship benefactor(s).  Merit scholarships might be awarded based on academic achievement or a combination of academics and a special talent, trait and/or interest. Other scholarships are based on financial need, and others are geared towards particular groups of people.
    • Institutional - There are several institutional scholarships available at Hodges University.


    Need-based employment through the institution on a part-time, hourly basis.

    • Federal Work-Study (FSW) Program – provides part-time employment for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay education expenses. To qualify, students must be enrolled, in good academic standing and have a demonstrated financial need. Eligible students will be employed through the university at the discretion of institutional departments that employ federal work-study employees.


    Financial assistance that required repayment, with interest.

    Hodges University’s Office of Student Financial Services want to ease your concerns regarding student loans. Please see the information below regarding the types of student loans that students may be eligible for.

    For all types of loans, Hodges University determines the amount that students can borrow and/or are eligible to receive for each academic year by considering the cost of attendance and the amount of other financial assistance that students are eligible to receive. There are limits on the amounts of Federal student loans that students may be eligible to receive each academic year (annual loan limit) and over the student’s academic career (aggregate loan limits). These limits depends on what year the student is in school (grade level) and whether the student is classified as a dependent or independent student. For a student classified as dependent whose parent(s) are ineligible for a Federal Direct PLUS loan, the student may be eligible for additional funding from Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans, up to the amounts that are normally available only to independent students.

    At least half-time enrollment is required to secure Federal Direct loan funding, and the student cannot be in default on any Title IV aid. Repayment of Federal Direct loans begins six months after graduation or when a student’s enrollment drops below half-time status. For more information on Federal Direct loans, including the annual and aggregate loan limits and current interest rates, visit the U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid website.

    Federal Direct loan borrowers must complete Federal Entrance Loan Counseling and complete the Direct Loan Master Promissory Note. Students will also complete an Exit Loan Counseling process upon graduating, leaving school or dropping below half-time enrollment status. All of these requirements can be completed by visiting StudentLoans.gov, a U.S. Department of Education Federal Student Aid website.

    • Federal Direct Student Loans – the most popular low-interest education loan designed for undergraduate and graduate students. There are two types of Federal Direct loans; subsidized and unsubsidized. Depending on household income, a student may be eligible for one or both varieties of student loans.
      • Subsidized Loans – awarded based on financial need. Student borrowers are not required to pay the interest that accrues while enrolled in school. The federal government pays the interest for students that are enrolled at least half-time as well as during the first six months of the grace period. Effective July 1, 2013, subsidized loans were limited to 150% of the length of a student’s academic program. Graduate students are ineligible for subsidized loans.
      • Unsubsidized Loans – not awarded based on financial need. Student borrowers are charged interest while in school but may choose to have the interest payment deferred while in school. If the student borrower selects to defer interest payments while in school, at repayment, the amount owed will be increased by the interest that has accrued. If the student borrower chooses to pay the interest while in school, the borrower will need to contact their loan servicer to set up payment arrangements.
    • Federal PLUS Loans – loans that graduate students and parents of dependent undergraduate students can use to help pay educational expenses that are not covered by other aid. 
    • Private or alternative loans – designed to bridge the funding gap when savings, grants, federal loans and other resources are not enough or simply not available. Private or alternative loans are provided by private lenders and are based on the credit worthiness of the borrower and/or co-signer. Hodges University encourages all students to file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and exhaust all eligibility for federal and state funds before applying for private or alternative loans.

    Military Benefits

    Education benefits for active-duty military and veterans.

    Hodges University Student Loan Code of Conduct

Ready to learn more?

My name is and I'm from . I would like to know more about at Hodges.You can reach me at and .

Permission to Contact:
Yes you may contact me. I understand that by submitting this form, I may be contacted by Hodges University
or its representatives by phone, SMS, email or postal mail. Data rates may apply.