Is a Career in Healthcare Office
Administration Right for Me?
If you are
interested in a career in medical or health services administration, you
possess the following qualities and would enjoy the duties listed below, our
Associate in Science in Healthcare Office Administration program is the place
Do you possess the following qualities?
- Analytical Skills - You must be able to understand and
follow current regulations and be able to adapt to new laws.
- Communication Skills - You must be able to communicate
effectively with other health professionals.
- Attention to Detail - You might be required to organize
and maintain scheduling and billing information for very large facilities,
such as hospitals.
- Interpersonal Skills - You need to be able to discuss
staffing problems and patient information with other professionals, such
as physicians and health insurance representatives, and be able to
motivate and lead staff.
- Problem-solving skills - You may be responsible for finding
creative solutions to staffing or other administrative problems.
- Technical Skills - You must be able to follow
advances in health care technology like Electronic Health Records (EHR).
Would you enjoy the following duties?
- Improving efficiency and quality in delivering healthcare services.
- Keep up to date on new laws and
regulations so the
facility complies with them.
- Supervise assistant administrators in
facilities that are large enough to need them.
- Manage finances of the facility, such as patient
fees and billing.
- Represent the facility at investor meetings or on
- Keep and organize records of the facility's services, such
as the number of inpatient beds used.
- Communicate with members of the medical staff
and department heads.
What is the Healthcare Office Administration Career Outlook?
Employment of medical and health services managers is projected to grow 17 percent from 2014 to 2024, much faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the healthcare industry as a whole should see an increase in the demand for medical services.
What Can I Do with This Degree?
- Insurance Company Representatives
- Operations Assistants
- Marketing Assistants
SMALLER ORGANIZATION MANAGERS OR SUPERVISORS
- Physicians’ Offices
- Dental Offices
- Optometrist Offices
- Public Health Agencies
- Human Service Agencies
- Massage Therapy Centers
- Chiropractic Clinics
For more information on career opportunities in this field, visit the following sites:
What Will I Learn?
All credits earned from this degree are acceptable toward the Hodges University Bachelor in Science in Health Services Administration. The Health Sciences Core and Liberal Arts Component are offered in both the traditional on-campus and online delivery format. The Health Services Administration Core is offered only online.
How is Hodges University’s Healthcare Office Administration Program Different?
Our Program Can Be Completed Entirely Online
Hodges University offers the Associate in Science in Healthcare Office Administration program entirely online. When you enroll in an online program at Hodges, you will not be compromising quality for convenience. Imagine completing your degree without commuting to classes. Please note that the Health Sciences Core and Liberal Arts Component are also offered on campus.
Our Professors Have Real-World Experience
Our professors have worked in the field and bring that real-world experience to the classroom.
Get Started Today and Apply Now!
Need More Information?
You may also contact us to speak to an admissions coordinator who will guide you through the application and admissions process. To speak to an admissions coordinator call us at 1-800-466-8017 (Naples) or 1-800-466-0019 (Fort Myers), use our contact form, email firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule a one-on-one visit to tour one of our campuses.
Your admissions coordinator will:
- Help you complete the application in its entirety.
- Help you obtain necessary transcripts.
- Schedule your admissions test (if necessary).
- Coordinate the financial aid process with a financial aid professional.
- Refer you to your academic advisor for class scheduling.
- Give you information regarding your orientation.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hodges family!