Hodges recognizes 2013 student leadership at awards ceremony
The Office of Student Development at Hodges University recently held its annual Student Leadership Recognition Program, celebrating the accomplishments of Hodges University students who have distinguished themselves in the areas of leadership, scholarship, and service.
The Alumnus of the Year 2013 Award, which is presented to an outstanding graduate who has contributed to the institution and the greater community, was presented to John Ebling, LeeCounty Veterans Services Officer. He earned a Bachelor of Science in Management degree from what was then International College in 1999. Mr. Ebling was also heavily involved in the establishment of the American Legion Post #397 on the Hodges campus. It is only the second in the United States and the first in the state of Florida.
The other 2013 winners are:
- The President’s Award, recognizing a student who represents the highest principles of Hodges University and who has demonstrated leadership, scholarship, and institutional service, was presented to Belinda Zivich.
- The Neno J. Spagna Community Service Award. This award recognizes a student involved in service to the community or the institution. The award was given to Niaza E.C. Knowles.
- Excellence in Diversity Award recognizes a student who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the value of diversity or multiculturalism at Hodges University or in the greater community. The recipient was David Fairman.
Hodges University also recognized exceptional students who are members of the Honor Societies and various Student Clubs and Organizations. These students have contributed to the co-curricular life of Hodges University and have shown growth in leadership roles and their creative involvement in campus life.
School of Allied Health
- Allied Health Club – Melissa M. Guzman.
Johnson School of Business
- Johnson School of Business Leadership Award was established by members of the School of Business Club in 2008 in memory of the school namesake, Kenneth Oscar Johnson. This student is honored for outstanding contributions to campus wide co-curricular programs, as well as high quality leadership and organizational ability in helping plan and present programs. The recipient of the award was Laura Rhoad.
- Johnson School of Business Club Award was presented to Belinda A. Zivich.
- Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society Award was presented to Timothy W. Cornelius. The award recognizes an honor society member for leadership and organizational contributions.
Nichols School of Professional Studies
- Legal Society was presented to Aimee E. Albury.
- Psychology Club Award was presented to Corey R. Moss-Klassen.
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society Award was presented to Kenneth Worthy.
Fisher School of Technology
- School of Technology Society Award winner was Michael S. Maddox.
University Service Organizations
- Ambassadors Awards were presented to Simon K. Musler (Fort Myers) and Wendy L. Colicchia (Naples).
- Learning Sites Ambassadors Award was presented to Alicia C. Drago who is a student at the Pasco-Hernando Learning site of Hodges University.
- Sports Club Award was presented to Mican S. Reid.
- The winner of the American Legion Post #397 Award was Monte C. Warren. Mr. Warren is the Commander of American Legion Post #397.
For more information about the Award presentation, please contact Hodges University Dean of Students Dr. Marcia Turner at (239) 598-6144.