Hodges honors 2014 student leadership at awards ceremony
The 2014 Alumna of the Year Award, which is presented to an outstanding graduate who has contributed to the institution and the greater community, was presented to Kim Gaide, a Practice Manager for Lee Physician Group at Lee Memorial. Kim earned a Bachelor of Science in Management degree from what was then International College in 2005. In her role at Lee Memorial, Kim has assisted countless veterans and veteran causes in addition to her efforts in garnering several awards for the hospital.
The other 2014 winners are:
- The President’s Award, recognizing a student who represents the highest principles of Hodges University and who has demonstrated leadership, scholarship, and institutional service, was presented to Edmund Szeliga.
- Excellence in Diversity Award recognizes a student who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the value of diversity or multiculturalism at Hodges University or in the greater community. The recipient was Sheronia Garcia.
Hodges University also recognized exceptional students who are members of the Honor Societies and various Student Clubs and Organizations. These students have contributed to the co-curricular life of Hodges University and have shown growth in leadership roles and their creative involvement in campus life.
Johnson School of Business
- Johnson School of Business Leadership Award was established by members of the School of Business Club in 2008 in memory of the school namesake, Kenneth Oscar Johnson. This student is honored for outstanding contributions to campus wide co-curricular programs, as well as high quality leadership and organizational ability in helping plan and present programs. The recipient of the award was Stephanie Eller.
- Johnson School of Business Club Award was presented to Marina Zupan.
Nichols School of Professional Studies
- Legal Society was presented to Simon Musler.
- Psychology Club Award was presented to Willette Lewis.
- Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society Award was presented to Ann Marie Thom.
Fisher School of Technology
- School of Technology Society Award winner was Edmund Szeliga.
University Service Organizations
- Ambassadors Awards were presented to Monica Lujan O’Brien (Fort Myers) and Lydia Babin (Naples).
- The winner of the American Legion Post #397 Award was Elbert Zeigler. Mr. Zeigler is the Commander of American Legion Post #397.
For more information about the Award presentation, please contact Hodges University Dean of Students Dr. Marcia Turner at (239) 598-6144.