LPN – Licensed Practical Nurse
The Licensed Practical Nursing (LPN) certificate program will assist individuals in becoming licensed as practical nurses with the Florida Board of Nursing. This certificate will allow individuals the opportunity to fill a growing need and to practice in diverse healthcare settings.
The Licensed Practical Nursing Certificate Program at Hodges University will provide the knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary for practice as a safe, competent, and caring Licensed Practical Nurse. This certificate program is a comprehensive course of study that combines theory and laboratory simulations with clinical practice. These learning experiences prepare students to successfully pass the licensing examination and gain employment as LPNs. Additionally, the program has been designed to interface with other degree programs and allows its graduates to seek professional growth opportunities. The Hodges University Practical Nursing Certificate Program is a 12-month program that is offered evenings and weekends.
The program is approved by the Florida Board of Nursing, and upon completion of the program, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for licensure as Licensed Practical Nurses.
For more information contact the Admissions department at (800) 466-8017 or call Maria Vacca in the School of Allied Health at (239) 598-6285.
Program Admission Criteria
The applicant seeking admission into the Licensed Practical Nursing Program must meet all requirements prior to enrolling in the program.
- If not presently enrolled at Hodges University, follow the university’s enrollment procedures.
- The student currently enrolled at Hodges University on Academic Probation will not be considered for admission.
- Score above 48 on language and 24 on math portions of the HUSI exam.
- Complete the Licensed Practical Nursing Program Application.
- Score a minimum of 65% on the Test for Essential Academic Skills (TEAS).
- Interview with Licensed Practical Nursing Program director and faculty member.
- Complete letter of understanding.