(800) 466-0019 x6141
Strategic Management & Decision Making; Executive Leadership & Decision Making; Business Administration Concepts & Theory I; and additional courses
D.B.A., Nova Southeastern University, 1992
M.S. Administration, Central Michigan University, 1989
B.A. Business Administration, Capital University, 1984
Canvas, Blackboard, Collaborate, Quality Matters Reviewer, EagleVision, Institutional Review Board (IRB)
Awards and Recognitions:
- Editor, Review of Business Information Systems, The Clute Institute, October 2012 - present
- Member, Board of Trustees, The Clute Institute, Littleton, CO, October 2012 – present
- Member, American Water Works Association (AWWA) Affordability Committee, January 2010
- Member, American Water Works Association (AWWA) Rates and Charges Committee, January
2009 – present
- Member, Board of Trustees, Southwest Florida Symphony, Fort Myers, FL, August 2010 – August
- Chair, MBA Graduate Academic Committee, Hodges University, January 2004 - May 2010
- Member, Distance Education Committee, Hodges University, January 2004 – present
- Vice Chairperson, Alliance for Delivery of National Academic Courses (ADNAC), Consortium of
Colleges and Universities consisting of HBCU/MI organizations, September 2003 - May 2004
- Member, Board of Trustees, Southwest Florida Symphony, Fort Myers, FL, August 2003 –
- Member, Academic Committee, Hodges University (formerly International College), May 2002 -
- Chair, Distance Education Committee, International College, May 2001 - January 2004
- Member, Faculty Development Committee, Troy State University, Troy, AL, May 2000 – January
- Executive Member, Board of Trustees, Emerald Coast Marine Institute (ECMI), Ft. Walton Beach,
FL, 1999 – 2000
- Financial Management Committee, Florida State Board of Independent Colleges and Universities
(SBICU), 1997 – 2000
- Evaluation Committee, SBICU, June 2000 - present
- Member, American Council of Military Education (ACME), 1997 – 2000
- United States Army award - The Legion of Merit, 1992
- Membership in Professional Societies – Current: American Water Works Association (AWWA), Production and Operations Management Society (POMS), Academy of Management (AOM), International Society for Systems Science (ISSS), American Society for Public Administrators (ASPA), The Clute Institute and the Association of the United States Army (AUSA).
Dr. Don Forrer serves as a professor in the Management program in the Johnson School of Business at Hodges University. In addition, he is the CEO of Cybernetics Concepts, a management consulting team specializing in utility economics. Before arriving at Hodges, he was a professor at Troy State University, Strayer University, Central Michigan University, Embry-Riddle University and International College.
Since retiring from the United States Army in 1992, he has served in various leadership positions as the operations director at Troy State University and the director of information and management for the city of Cape Coral. His professional experience goes on to include time spent as the director of online learning and the MBA program director at Hodges University.
He has presented his research at prestigious international conferences in utility economics and online learning, and he has lectured on management topics in Taiwan, Japan, Guam and throughout the United States. When he isn’t teaching, he often provides consulting for small businesses and provides workshops for new businesses in Southwest Florida.
A member of the Rate and Charges Committee of the American Water Works Association, he helps to write the M1 manual that defines rates and charges for the water and wastewater industry. He is also a member of the board of the Clute Institute, and he is an editor for the Journal of Business Information Systems.
Outside of the classroom and office, he enjoys spending time with his family, which includes his wife, Janet; their two sons, Acie and Toby; and his five grandchildren. He also enjoys boating, fishing and harness horses.