Microeconomics (undergraduate) and Applied Economics (graduate)
Ph.D. Economics, University of South Florida, 2006
MBA Business Policy and Organization, University of Istanbul, 1997
B.S. Business Administration, University of Istanbul, 1993
Blackboard Teaching and Learning Online, Instructional Design for Online Courses, and Quality Matters – Independent Applying the QM Rubric
Awards & Recognitions:
- 2016 Frank V. Mastrianna Education Leader of the Year Award
- 2013 People of the Year, Trailblazer Award final nominee (WorkforceNow Research Team), New-Press Media Group
- Hodges University Business of the Month Award, Collier County Commission, 2012
- Leadership Collier Class graduate, 2012
- Community Research Collaboration Award, The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Women in Business APEX Award finalist, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Hispanic Institute Recognition, Hodges University, 2009
- Dean’s Community and University Service Award, Hodges University Johnson School of Business,
- Dean’s Research Award, Hodges University Johnson School of Business, 2007
- Professor of the Year, Hodges University, 2005
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society for Collegiate Schools of Business
- Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
Publications: To view the complete list of Dr. Timur’s published books and articles, click here.
Dr. Aysegul Timur joined Hodges University in 2000, and she currently serves as the dean of the Johnson School of Business. Dedicated to educating aspiring business professionals, her areas of expertise include business policy and organizational development, quality control, statistics for strategic planning, health, and international economics.
Her career at Hodges has included serving in a variety of
positions, including full professor of economics. In addition to her work with
Hodges, Timur is also a management consultant and corporate trainer for local
companies in Southwest Florida.
She holds memberships in Leadership Collier Foundation,
Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce – Opportunity Naples and Steering Committee
member, The Journal of American Academy of Business Editorial Advisory Board
and the Clute Institute. In addition, she is a member of the Southern Economic
Association, International Health Economics Association, American Society of
Health Economists, Naples Council on World Affairs, Workforce Now research team
member, APEX Circle – Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, Horizon Council
and the Southwest Florida Regional Economic Development Alliance.
In her spare time, she enjoys contributing to the community
by volunteering with Junior Achievement of SW Florida; Leadership Collier
Alumni Association; GCHS, NAF Academy, Engineering Program Advisory Board; and
Collier County Public Schools Business Plan competition; speaking at civic
organizations and participating in chamber of commerce and other community
organizations’ research projects.