Hodges University understands the important role that technology plays in today's business environment and society in general. The Information Technology Department supports faculty, staff and students in the use of campus technology in order to advance educational goals. To that end, our staff stands ready to assist our students with Lab Managers at each campus as well as staff trained in the administration and use of Blackboard, Blackboard Collaborate, the MyHUgo Portal, Microsoft live@edu email service, classroom technology and the student wireless network.
Student Technology Overview
- Blackboard - online course management system is used to deliver a full array of distance education courses and programs.
- Blackboard Collaborate and Instant Messenger- online course meeting and lecture capture system used to bring audio, video, real-time chat and face to face meeting technology to the online learning experience.
- Microsoft live@edu Email Access- student/staff/faculty email services are provided and may be accessed through the portal or via mobile devices. Live@edu email accounts also includes:
- 20gigs of online storage using Skydrive
- The ability to route all personal email accounts to your Hodges student email account
- Access to a limited online version of Microsoft Office
- MyHUgo Portal - student, staff, faculty portal to academic and administrative systems and information relevant to the HU community. The portal is also your online gateway to:
- Online registration
- Online bill payment
- Online grade retrieval
- University news and events
- eCampus Online bookstore
- Single sign on to Blackboard and email services
- 24 x 7 Student Technology Support - Hodges University provides a 24 x 7 helpdesk (support.hodges.edu) for student technology that may be accessed by via email, chat, phone, or by appointment at student convenience. The support site also boasts an extensive self help knowledgebase.
- Classroom Technologies -
- Hodges campuses house multiple general purpose computer classrooms, specialty computer classrooms, and student computer labs. Each is equipped with overhead data projectors and Smartboard technology. We deploy both Dell PCs and Macs across Hodges University to support student educational pursuits.
- All University general education classrooms are equipped with an instructor PC with sound system, an overhead data projector and Smartboard technology.
- Two fully equipped community rooms are also available to accommodate internal or external events.
- Student Wireless Network - open access wireless internet connectivity is provided to all students on both campuses.
- Alumni Network - Hodges also provides an alumni network that allows our students to keep in touch, network, and attend professional development events offered by Hodges after graduation at alumni.hodges.edu
Hodges University takes great pride in providing our family of users with a full complement of technological tools and services to increase the opportunity for success.
Information Technology Department Mission
The mission of the Department of Information Technology is to guide the selection, procurement, development and implementation of innovative technological enhancements, to ensure a positive user experience, and to provide exemplary customer service for the University community.
To achieve its mission, the Department of Information Technology supports the following principles:
- To maintain mutually beneficial relationships with vendors, service providers and University departments.
- To provide superior user support and training.
- To maintain and enforce appropriate security procedures and protocols.
- To sustain and enforce proactive system maintenance that minimizes system downtime.
- To provide continuous quality review and improvement of IT systems and processes.
- To provide a work environment that encourages team collaboration, positive attitude and high morale.
- To maintain appropriate budgetary controls over IT allocated funds.