The mission of the Career Development Office is to provide services that will enhance the ability of students and graduates to achieve life or career objectives by acquainting them with the skills, resources and experiences that support the ongoing evaluation and pursuit of educational, career and employment opportunities.
To achieve its mission, the Career Development Office supports the following principles:
- To encourage students to engage in self-assessment through a variety of resources.
- To provide students with the necessary resources to obtain occupational information.
- To assist students in the exploration of the full range of employment opportunities.
- To prepare students to present themselves effectively as qualified candidates entering the workforce.
- To provide students with counseling services related to a variety of career issues.
- To consider special populations and their career development needs in the development and delivery of services.
- To assist in the placement of students/graduates in their chosen field of study and to track the results.
- To adhere to the Principals for Professional Conduct as presented by the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE).
Outreach services include participation in local career fairs, presentations in classes, and meetings with prospective employers. Services provided by the Office of Career Development are available free of charge to all registered students and graduates.
- One-on-one counseling
- Career assessment (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
- Assistance in resume and cover letter preparation
- Job search and networking assistance
- Exposure to employer information, including Employer Spotlights
- Self-directed learning packets
- Posted job opportunities
- Workshops on various career related topics
- Mock interviews
- Access to Alumni Network
- Post your company’s job opportunities
- Add your company's website link to our Local Employer's page
- On-campus recruitment through the Employer Spotlight Program
- Free advertisement of special hiring events
- Participation in job fairs