The Center for Nonprofit Excellence at Hodges University will present “Purposeful Boards, Powerful Fundraising,” a
day-long seminar focusing on how strong boards and strong chief executives make a world of difference for nonprofit governance. The session will be held on Thursday, April 10, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the Hodges Naples campus, 2655 Northbrooke Drive.
This session will emphasize the importance of a solid relationship between board chairs and nonprofit chief executives to bring about change in an organization.
Topics covered will include:
* Trends impacting governance & fundraising in the nonprofit sector.
* Why some nonprofits confuse volunteering with governance.
* Legal obligations of nonprofit boards.
* How great boards profile before recruiting.
* Why term limits are essential for a fundraising board.
* How successful fundraising is not about asking for money.
* Periodic fundraising exercises you can do with your board.
* How to get your board to articulate your organization's value.
* How every single willing board member can be a great fundraiser.
The session will be conducted by Dave Sternberg, BoardSource Senior Governance Consultant and Faculty at the Lilly School of Philanthropy.
Executive Directors, board members and staff or volunteers are all encouraged to attend. For more information, log onto www.hodges.edu/cne or call 239-598-6284.