The Office of Student Development at Hodges University recently held its Student Leadership Recognition Program, celebrating the accomplishments of Hodges University students who have distinguished themselves in the areas of leadership, scholarship, and service.
The 2010 winners are:
- The President’s Award, recognizing a student who represents the highest principles of Hodges University and who has demonstrated leadership, scholarship, and institutional service, was presented to Darlene Mitchell.
- The Neno J. Spagna Community Service Award. This award recognizes a student involved in service to the community or the institution. The award was given to Mitzi Sneary.
- Excellence in Diversity Award recognizes a student who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the value of diversity or multiculturalism at Hodges University or in the greater community. The recipient was Claudia Lozano.
- Hispanic Institute Leadership Award, recognizes an outstanding graduate student contribution to the grant and research program of the Hispanic Institute. Abadis Ruiz was the graduate student recipient, and Yuri Castro was the under-graduate student recipient.
Hodges University also recognized exceptional students who are members of the Honor Societies and various Student Clubs and Organizations. These students have contributed to the co-curricular life of Hodges University and have shown growth in leadership roles and their creative involvement in campus life.
School of Allied Health
Allied Health Club – Kera Browne
Johnson School of Business
- Johnson School of Business Leadership Award was established by members of the School of Business Club in 2008 in memory of the school namesake, Kenneth Oscar Johnson. This student is honored for outstanding contributions to campus wide co-curricular programs, as well as high quality leadership and organizational ability in helping plan and present programs. The recipient of the award was Edward Holton.
- Johnson School of Business Club Award was presented to Felicia Rogers.
- Johnson School of Business - Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society Award was presented to Andrew Syska. The award recognizes an honor society member for leadership and organizational contributions.
School of Professional Studies
- Legal Society – Fort Myers was presented to Lisa Cook.
- Legal Society – Naples was presented to Yuri Castro.
- Psychology Club Award (Ft. Myers) was presented to Jessica Burt.
- Psychology Club Award (Naples) was presented to Brittany Miller.
- The Criminal Justice Alpha Phi Sigma Honor Society Award was presented to Rickie Maness. The award recognizes an honor society member for leadership and organizational contributions.
School of Technology
School of Technology Society Award (Ft. Myers) winner was Karen Stancliff. The Naples recipient was Laura Nash.
University Service Organizations
- Ambassadors – Fort Myers Award was presented to Christine Stevenson.
- Ambassadors – Naples Award was presented to Irene Zamora.
- The winner of the Veterans Club Award was Frank Kerr. The award is presented to a student veteran.
Finally, the Alumna of the Year 2010 Award, which is presented to an outstanding aluma/us who has contributed to the institution and the greater community, was presented to Tonda Soisson-Lawson.