The Office of Student Development at Hodges University recently held its Student Leadership Recognition Program, celebrating the accomplishments of Hodges University students who have distinguished themselves in the areas of leadership, scholarship, and service.
The Alumnae of the Year 2012 Award, which is presented to an outstanding graduate who has contributed to the institution and the greater community, was presented to Barbara Brown, Director of the Rushman-Micah Angel Foundation. She earned a Bachelor of Science in Management degree in 2002, and a Master’s in 2006.
The other 2012 winners are:
- The President’s Award, recognizing a student who represents the highest principles of Hodges University and who has demonstrated leadership, scholarship, and institutional service, was presented to Tammy Rose.
- The Neno J. Spagna Community Service Award. This award recognizes a student involved in service to the community or the institution. The award was given to Marina Belen Brisco.
- Excellence in Diversity Award recognizes a student who has demonstrated outstanding commitment to the value of diversity or multiculturalism at Hodges University or in the greater community. The recipient was Velora Bishop.
Hodges University also recognized exceptional students who are members of the Honor Societies and various Student Clubs and Organizations. These students have contributed to the co-curricular life of Hodges University and have shown growth in leadership roles and their creative involvement in campus life.
School of Allied Health
- Allied Health Club – Barbara Novak.
Johnson School of Business
- Johnson School of Business Leadership Award was established by members of the School of Business Club in 2008 in memory of the school namesake, Kenneth Oscar Johnson. This student is honored for outstanding contributions to campus wide co-curricular programs, as well as high quality leadership and organizational ability in helping plan and present programs. The recipient of the award was Alison Rosario-Polo.
- Johnson School of Business Club Award was presented to Cortney Roche.
- Johnson School of Business - Sigma Beta Delta Honor Society Award was presented to Vernon Cook. The award recognizes an honor society member for leadership and organizational contributions.
Nichols School of Professional Studies
- Legal Society was presented to Vannessa Skarski.
Fisher School of Technology
- School of Technology Society Award winner was Tammy Rose.
University Service Organizations
- Ambassadors Award was presented to David Fairman.
- Learning Sites Ambassadors Award was presented to Tamara White who is a student at the Pasco-Hernando Learning site of Hodges University.
- Sports Club Award was presented to Asha Rost.
- The winner of the Veterans Club Award was William Lang. The award is presented to a student veteran.
For more information about the Award presentation, please contact Hodges University Dean of Students Dr. Marcia Brooks at (239) 598-6144.