Diversity @ Hodges
Diversity and Inclusion Conference
Coming in the Winter of 2016, Hodges University will host its First Annual Diversity and Inclusion Conference. The theme is “Cultural Competency in the Workplace”.
More information coming soon.
October is National Diversity Month! Celebrate at Hodges University's 8th Annual Diversity Festival on October 3, 2015. A day of family fun and entertainment as we share in learning about our diversity and inclusion. Enjoy entertainment and cuisines and learn more about our diverse Southwest Florida Community. This event will be held on our Naples Campus, Lawn of the Gaynor Building. Learn more, purchase tickets, and find out how you can participate in the 2015 Diversity Festival.
The Diversity Initiative
The Diversity Initiative (DI) is a comprehensive, campus-wide endeavor devoted to enhancing and promoting diversity at Hodges University via the development and implementation of school-wide programs related to diversity. Programs include: Student Relations, Faculty Relations, Staff Relations and Community Relations.
- Training - Workshops are conducted for students, faculty, staff and community via student and community organizations, both on and off the campus.
- Student Relations - The major focus is a diversity audit, an assessment of students' perceptions of diversity at Hodges University. The Diversity Committee was developed in response to the expressed needs of students at Hodges University.
- Faculty - The major focus is to assist the Human Relations programs in conceptualizing cutting-edge diversity-related programs for all faculty from every academic discipline.
- Staff - The major focus is to assist the Human Relations programs in conceptualizing cutting-edge diversity-related programs for all Hodges University staff.
- Community - The major focus is to build bridges to the larger community and to work with groups to bring a wider and more highlighted focus to the experiences of diversity.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion Mission statement
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will initiate, support and direct training, education and activities that increase diversity and promote cultural competency among our students, faculty staff and administration. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will build bridges to the larger community by serving as the catalyst for social change and transformation as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
Click here to learn more about the Language of Inclusion.
Links to non-University maintained sites or content do not represent endorsement by Hodges University or its affiliates.