Diversity @ Hodges
Incognito: An American Odyssey of Race and Self-Discovery
Imagine discovering you are not the person you thought you were. That you have a family, a history, and an ethnicity you never knew. How would this discovery impact your life, the lives of those around you, your vision of yourself and society?
Please join us on our Naples campus, Friday April 10, 2015 as Michael Fosberg performs his one-man autobiographical play Incognito. Tickets are $25.00 for one, $45.00 for two and available for purchase here, or by check made payable to Hodges University, 2655 Northbrooke Drive Naples Florida, 34119. The evening includes refreshments, entertainment and a book signing.
To learn more about the play go to: www.incognitotheplay.com. For Additional Information Contact: Gail Williams email@example.com 239-598-6135.
According to Josh
The Mental Health Association of Southwest Florida and Hodges University present According to Josh, a one man play and discussion on mental health. Join us for this free event on our Naples Campus, May 7th at 1:00 p.m. Click here for more information and to register.
Diversity and Inclusion Peer Exchange Panel Discussion
Join us for "Bridging the Gap of Diversity and Inclusion through Higher Education" on May 29th from 8:00 - 11:30 a.m. on our Naples campus in the White Community room.
The cost of the event is $20. Purchase tickets here, or by check payable to Hodges University, 2655 Northbrooke Drive, Naples, FL, 34119. This is event is hosted by Hodges University and The Society for Diversity.
For additional information, contact Gail Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org or (239) 598-6135.
Diversity and Inclusion Conference
Coming in the Winter of 2016, Hodges University will host its First Annual Diversity and Inclusion Conference. The theme is “Cultural Competency in the Workplace”.
More information coming soon.
Diversity and Inclusion Festival
October is National Diversity Month! Celebrate at Hodges University's 8th Annual Diversity Festival on October 3, 2015. A day of family fun and entertainment as we share in learning about our diversity and inclusion. Enjoy entertainment and cuisines and learn more about our diverse Southwest Florida Community. This event will be held on our Naples Campus, Lawn of the Gaynor Building.
The Diversity Initiative
The Diversity Initiative (DI) is a comprehensive, campus-wide endeavor devoted to enhancing and promoting diversity at Hodges University via the development and implementation of school-wide programs related to diversity. Programs include: Student Relations, Faculty Relations, Staff Relations and Community Relations.
- Training - Workshops are conducted for students, faculty, staff and community via student and community organizations, both on and off the campus.
- Student Relations - The major focus is a diversity audit, an assessment of students' perceptions of diversity at Hodges University. The Diversity Committee was developed in response to the expressed needs of students at Hodges University.
- Faculty - The major focus is to assist the Human Relations programs in conceptualizing cutting-edge diversity-related programs for all faculty from every academic discipline.
- Staff - The major focus is to assist the Human Relations programs in conceptualizing cutting-edge diversity-related programs for all Hodges University staff.
- Community - The major focus is to build bridges to the larger community and to work with groups to bring a wider and more highlighted focus to the experiences of diversity.
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion Mission statement
The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will initiate, support and direct training, education and activities that increase diversity and promote cultural competency among our students, faculty staff and administration. The Office of Diversity and Inclusion will build bridges to the larger community by serving as the catalyst for social change and transformation as it relates to diversity and inclusion.
We work closely with Florida Diversity Council, a Member of the National Diversity Council. Please click here to visit their website for more information on events and how you can get involved