Johnson School of Business
Welcome from the Dean
It is my pleasure to welcome you as a potential, new, or continuing student to Hodges University and to congratulate you on your decision to join the ranks of many others who have chosen to complete their undergraduate or graduate studies through our Johnson School of Business (JSOB). You have made a decision which will play a very significant role in shaping your personal and professional future. Peter F. Drucker, the famous management guru, is given credit in many publications as having said, “The best way to predict the future is to create it” (Cohen, 2010).
The Johnson School of Business offers a wide variety of programs in business, management, and accounting with various minors and concentrations, but there are some shared characteristics that make Hodges the University of choice. Some of those attributes include the following:
- Students are individuals with names, not just numbers. Our classes are small, and students receive individual attention. The faculty and staff hold office hours and are readily available to meet with students in person or by phone. Students who need help in getting up-to-speed with study or writing skills have services readily available.
- In addition to holding the appropriate academic credentials, the faculty are experienced practitioners who have worked or are working in their fields of expertise.
- Hodges offers a variety of flexible delivery methods designed to meet the needs of adult students. These include day and evening live, online, and blended classes as well as internships where students gain real-world work experience. Some programs are accelerated to allow students to graduate sooner.
- The programs in the JSOB are contemporary and designed to offer students real-world, applied knowledge in their field of study.
These are just a few of the attributes that help make the Johnson School of Business unique. I am sure you will enjoy your academic journey, and I welcome you to stop by my office any time.
The Flag for the Johnson School of Business displays a symbol of a burning lamp, representing the flame of knowledge. Students enrolled in programs of study within this School are provided with the skills and knowledge to light their individual lamps of opportunity and success. The effectiveness of our students' education is regularly assessed to assure that the best possible Student Learning Outcomes are achieved through a systematic program of continuous improvement.
Hodges University has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Public Administration
- Master of Science in Management
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science in Management
The Johnson School of Business at Hodges University was named after Kenneth Oscar Johnson in 2006. This honor was bestowed to not only acknowledge a generous gift from Mr. Johnson to our School of Business, but to also recognize Mr. Johnson's legacy of professional excellence, entrepreneurial ingenuity and unwavering support of our educational mission.
Mr. Johnson was a founding member of the Hodges University Foundation Board and American Military Veterans Education Fund Committee, which works to provide scholarship support to military veterans. Prior to his retirement, Mr. Johnson was a senior level executive in the Texas Oil Industry and he continued to advise energy companies on business strategy. Even after his passing in 2012, Mr. Johnson continues to serve as an inspiration to the students of the school that was named in his honor.