Macroeconomics; Microeconomics; and Research Methods (Graduate)
Ph.D. Economics, University of South Florida, 2006
MBA Business Policy and Organization, University of Istanbul, 1997
B.S. Business Administration, University of Istanbul, 1993
Blackboard Teaching and Learning Online, Instructional Design for Online
Courses, and Quality Matters – Independent Applying the QM Rubric
Awards & Recognitions:
- 2016 Frank V. Mastrianna Education Leader of the Year Award
- 2013 People of the Year, Trailblazer Award final nominee (WorkforceNow Research Team), New-Press Media Group
- Hodges University Business of the Month Award, Collier County Commission, 2012
- Leadership Collier Class graduate, 2012
- Community Research Collaboration Award, The Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Women in Business APEX Award finalist, Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- Hispanic Institute Recognition, Hodges University, 2009
- Dean’s Community and University Service Award, Hodges University Johnson School of Business,
- Dean’s Research Award, Hodges University Johnson School of Business, 2007
- Professor of the Year, Hodges University, 2005
- Beta Gamma Sigma International Honor Society for Collegiate Schools of Business
- Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration
Publications: To view the complete list of Dr. Timur’s published books and articles, click here.
Dr. Aysegul Timur joined Hodges University in 2000, and she currently serves as the dean of the Johnson School of Business and chair of the Business Administration programs. Dedicated to educating aspiring business professionals, her areas of expertise include business policy and organizational development, quality control, statistics for strategic planning, health, and international economics.
Her career at Hodges began in 1999, serving as a teaching assistant in Microeconomics, Macroeconomics and Introduction to Business. Since then, Timur has served as an instructor, assistant professor, associate professor, full professor, vice chair of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration program and director of the Business and Public Administration graduate programs at Hodges.
Timur holds membership in Leadership Collier Foundation, Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce – Opportunity Naples and Steering Committee member, SCORE Leadership Council, The Journal of American Academy of Business Editorial Advisory Board, Clute Institute, Southern Economic Association, International Health Economics Association, American Society of Health Economists, Naples Council on World Affairs, WorkforceNow research team member, APEX Circle – Greater Fort Myers Chamber of Commerce.
In her spare time, she enjoys contributing to the community by volunteering with Junior Achievement of SW Florida; Leadership Collier Alumni Association; GCHS, NAP Academy, Engineering Program Advisory Board; and Collier County Public Schools Business Plan competition; speaking at civic organizations and participating in chamber of commerce and other community organizations’ research projects.